Orange nails be GONE.
When it comes to applying fake tan, the advice we should be giving you is to obviously wear gloves, use a tanning mitt correctly and apply a clear base coat to your nails before tanning – but the problem is, we don’t always have an hour “prep time”, which can result in some tanning blunders the morning after the night before.
One of these is, of course, yellow nails. Waking up hungover is one thing, but looking down at discoloured nails is just pure grim.
So if you too were tanning in a rush and need to remove the stains ASAP so people don’t think your personal hygiene is in the gutter, here is a few easy steps to save and follow to ensure you nails return squeaky clean.
- Fill a basin and soak your nails in warm, mild soapy water for 10 minutes.
- Using a cuticle trimmer, cut the dead, stained skin away from the base of your nails.
- Using the same basin, empty it and refill it with warm water, adding in a couple drops of tea tree oil.
- Swirl your hands in the oil-water for a couple of minutes.
- Using an old toothbrush, scrub your nails including the underside of the nail.
- Grabbing some cotton wool, soak it in lemon juice and rub it on each nail.
- Lastly wash your hands with warm water, dry them and apply hand cream.
Overall it will take you approximately 20 minutes but correct removal will ensure no weak or damaged nails and you can go forth with your day, stain free. Success!