Aperol is the unofficial-offical drink of the summer.
And we have just come across a way to make our favourite aperitivo even better – especially with sunshine promised for the weekend.
And when you try it – you’ll be knocking this back too, trust us.
- 1 bottle of rosè wine
- 120 ml / 4 oz. Aperol
- 90 ml / 3 oz. freshly pressed and strained orange juice
- 1-2 orange slices for garnish per glass
- Mix the bottle of rosé wine with the Aperol and the orange juice and pour into a plastic container. I like to split this mixture over two or three containers so I can make just two cocktails if I want to.
- Freeze for at least 8 hours, but this can be also made days ahead. Although it will freeze well it won’t ever be solid and easy to blend.
- Transfer the frozen mix into your blender and process on high speed until completely crushed.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately garnished with orange slices.
Is it cocktail hour yet?