By Fiona Frawley
Irish X (Twitter) is always provides as a source of entertainment, hot takes and joy.
The most recent item up for discussion, you ask? A questionable Irish grocery haul.
Obviously, everyone’s weekly shop is personal and far be it from us to judge any households’ individual needs – but when the chaotic contents of someone’s bag for life are doing the rounds online, it’s hard not to get involved in the discourse.
I present to you: $200 of groceries in Ireland pic.twitter.com/0a25m0Nwh9
— gaut (@0xgaut) September 30, 2023
The alleged Irish shopping haul has been met with mixed response on Twitter.
The haul evokes a number of questions – obviously, people are curious about the sheer mass of honey involved but also, who’s sitting at home skulling 8 cans of Desperados of a weeknight? Is this 2012? My blood sugars aren’t able.
Onlookers have highlighted the fact that almost 50% of the budget was squandered on drink (our reputation remains firmly intact) and always on the ball, the TG4 account has dubbed the assortment as Winnie the Pooh’s shopping.
Also, for those interested, one Twitter user took the initiative to ask ChatGPT to write a recipe using the items on the receipt – interestingly, the bot omitted the honey altogether and came up with the below:
Avocado & Rocket Salad with Pork Snack
– Ripe Avocado
– Wild Rocket
– Green Pepper
– Salad Onions
– Fresh Dill
– Baby Potatoes
– Pork Snack
– Crème Fraîche (optional, as a dressing base)
– Lowicz Kefir (optional, as a dressing base)
1. **Prepare Vegetables:** – Wash and dice the tomatoes, cucumber, and green pepper. – Peel and slice the avocado. – Wash and slice the salad onions. – Wash the wild rocket.
2. **Prepare Potatoes:** – Wash and boil the baby potatoes until tender. Allow them to cool, then slice them.
3. **Prepare Dressing (optional):** – Mix Crème Fraîche with a bit of Lowicz Kefir to create a creamy dressing. Add fresh dill, salt, and pepper to taste.
4. **Assemble Salad:** – In a large bowl, combine wild rocket, diced tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, sliced avocado, salad onions, and sliced potatoes. – Add the dressing and toss the salad gently to coat all the ingredients.
5. **Add Pork Snack:** – Break the pork snack into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle them over the salad for a crunchy texture.
6. **Serve:** – Serve the salad immediately, garnished with additional fresh dill if desired. This salad combines the creaminess of avocado with the crunchiness of pork snack and the freshness of various vegetables, creating a delightful mix of textures and flavors.
The receipt for the controversial Irish shopping haul, via Twitter/Gaut
Is the haul reflective of your own big shop? What essentials did the trolley-wielder in question miss out? Let us know.
This article originally appeared on Lovin.ie.
- Paul Mescal breaks out the dad dance moves in London nightclub
- Jamie Dornan once downed whiskey before an audition…then threw up
- Met Éireann pinpoints day temperatures are set to soar this week
- Pamela Anderson is being praised for her makeup free looks at Paris Fashion Week