The sun is finally here!
We are basking in the sunlight right now and we couldn’t be more delighted. We waited long enough this summer for the sun to come around, and now that it’s finally here we’re going to make the most of it.
Many of us will still be working while the weather is so warm, and the only chance we’ll get to enjoy the sun is on our lunch break.
If you want to stay away from the stuffy sambo and soup combo, then we’d recommend taking a look at this recipe.
It’s literally sunshine in a bowl.
We found it on Foodie Crush, and it’s going to become our go-to lunch for when the weather is warm.
Take a look at the recipe below:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ponzu sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared wasabi
- 4 ounces sushi grade tuna diced in large chunks
- 1/2 mango diced in large chunks
- 1/2 cup store-bought seaweed salad
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 2-3 cups loosely packed spring lettuce mix
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Hawaiian sea salt
In a small bowl, whisk the vegetable oil, ponzu sauce and wasabi until well blended.
Add the tuna, mango and seaweed salad to a bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon or so of the dressing. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and stir to coat.
In a different bowl, add the lettuce and avocado and top with the tuna mixture. Drizzle with more dressing as desired and sprinkle with Hawaiian sea salt and more sesame seeds. Serve immediately.