Ever eaten in any of these places?
Food businesses in six counties in Ireland were served with closure orders for breaches of food safety legislation during the month of September, according to the Food Safety Authority of Ireland.
Four establishments in Dublin, as well as businesses in Roscommon, Cork, Cavan, Meath and Limerick were issued with closure orders served by the HSE environmental health officers.
One establishment in Mayo, meanwhile, was served with a prohibition order, while three successful prosecutions were carried out by the HSE in relation to one hotel in Donegal.
The food businesses were issued with closure orders for breaches of food safety legislation, pursuant to the FSAI Act, 1998 and the EC (Official Control of Foodstuffs) Regulations, 2010.
Have you ever eaten in any of these places?
Four Closure Orders were served under the FSAI Act, 1998 on:
- Sunnybank Hotel (Closed area: Public bar only), 68 – 70 Botanic Road, Glasnevin, Dublin 9
- Millars Restaurant (adjoining pub remains open), Ballydangan, Athlone, Roscommon
- Shan (restaurant/café), 6 Crow Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2
- K&C Norton Wholesale Foods Limited, Unit 5C, Ballymount Road Lower, Ballymount Trading Estate, Ballymount, Dublin 12
Five Closure Orders were served under the EC (Official Control of Foodstuffs) Regulations, 2010 on:
- Dynasty Chinese Restaurant & Take Away, Unit 9, Ballymun Town Centre, Main Street, Ballymun, Dublin 11
- 7 Star Pizza (take-away), (Closed area: potato peeling and chip production room on first floor), 68 Main Street, Mallow, Cork
- Midnight Express (take-away), Main Street, Mullagh, Cavan
- Bella House (restaurant/café), Castle Street, Kells, Meath
- CoCo Asian & Chinese Takeaway, Main Street, Ballingarry, Limerick
One Prohibition Order was served under the FSAI Act, 1998 on:
- Mr Paul Howley (wholesaler/distributor), Ross, Castlebar, Mayo
During the month of October, three successful prosecutions were carried out by the HSE in relation to one hotel, namely:
- Glide Path Limited, Jackson’s Hotel, Glenfin Street, Ballybofey, Donegal
- Jackson’s Hotel Ltd in Receivership, Jackson’s Hotel, Glenfin Street, Ballybofey, Donegal
- Stephen Tennant, Jackson’s Hotel, Glenfin Street, Ballybofey, Donegal