Search icon


17th Jun 2024

Carlow woman left ‘unable to move’ after Dubai yacht accident ‘on the mend’

Simon Kelly

“She is getting stronger everyday.”

The young woman from County Carlow is now ‘on the mend’ after being falling from a luxury yacht in Dubai.

Tasha Keane, in her 20s, was attending a friend’s birthday celebration on a two-storey yacht in Dubai when the accident occurred.

According to her sister Róisín, Tasha lost her balance and fell backwards, head first, into the water while not wearing shoes. 

In a new update, Róisín has said that her sister is set to be released from hospital and is “getting stronger everyday”.

Tasha Keane (Image via Facebook)

Carlow woman left ‘unable to move’ after Dubai yacht accident ‘on the mend’

As a result of the fall, Tasha suffered serious head injuries and lacerations to her liver and was rushed to a Dubai hospital.

Fortunately, Róisín reported that Tasha did not suffer any brain or spinal damage, but required 14 stitches in her head and suffered significant blood loss. 

“Tasha is finally on the mend,” Róisín said in an update over the weekend. “Thanks to the help of you all.

“She is getting stronger every day, although a long road of recovery still lies ahead of her,” adding that it would take up to four months for her liver lacerations to fully heal.

“The hospital is planning her release as she has reacted well to the treatment given.

“She has sent her regards to everyone and can’t thank you all enough for helping her.

“I would like to (say) a massive thank you to each and every person who has kindly donated, spread awareness and sent their well wishes to Tasha and our family.

“Once again our family cannot thank you enough for the support the past week since Tasha’s accident. We appreciate it so much.”

A GoFundMe was set up in the wake of the Carlow woman’s accident and raised just over €15,000. You can still donate here.

Róisín stated that since the financial target was met from the fundraiser, no further donations were required.

Due to the severity of Tasha’s injuries, it will be at least six weeks before Tasha is allowed to fly home.