“What’s love got to do, got to do with it…”
Everything Tina, everything.
Ladies, we are always reading and hearing about when a member of the opposite sex is “just not that into you”, but what about when he is? When he has fallen for you? How is it we’re supposed to know?
Fret not, that’s what we are here for. Here are the 15 definitive signs that Cupid has put his bow straight through the heart of your fellow…
1. He speaks to you at length. When the phone calls begin to turn into hours but feel like minutes, it only means one thing…
2. He has a ‘cute’ name for you that only he calls you… and it’s a little more original than ‘babes,’ ‘pet’, or ‘darling.’
Note: Any man that refers to you as his honey-bun is crossing the very thin line of being A.O.T.T.D.S – (An over the top dog sickener)
3. The chemistry is ridonculous – it’s a word.
Sometimes having a connection with someone can take time, but when that instant spark is there and you have trouble thinking of things other than ripping off his clothes, there’s no denying it and escaping it is impossible.
4. Things begin reminding him of you. Songs, signs, and random objects. Silly stuff that he makes sure to tell you about.
5. He quotes back something you said in passing three weeks previous… when he starts to remember every little thing you tell him is when you’ve got a hold of his heartstrings.
6. You catch him staring at you from across the room when he is in conversation with someone else and he doesn’t look away. Instead, he smiles… heart-melting stuff.
7. He’ll use the worst excuses to initiate a conversation.
8. He is reaching for your… hand! Yes, he wants to hold hands in public, because he wants the world to know you’re his and he’s yours.
9. What’s this? He is phoning you during the day for no apparent reason just because he would like to speak to you, which is a welcoming change to 3 am booty calls or voice notes (yes, booty voice notes on WhatsApp are a thing).
10. He loses his phone but knows the digits of your cellular device off by heart.
11. He acts the old school gentleman by opening doors for you and wanting to make sure you are always ok and comfortable with the plans and places you go. Jaysus, he has it bad, but he can’t be blamed, he’s only human.
12. Heading out with ‘the lads’ isn’t so appealing anyway more, and instead he’s making plans for this weekend with you.
The lads can’t provide him with the things that you can. Hugs, we mean hugs people.
13. He smiles at you when you are speaking to him even though you are telling him the tragic story of how your childhood dog died. No, that doesn’t matter, he’s still smiling.
14. He notices all of your habits and little quirky things that he finds endearing and not weird like everyone else.
The way you walk, the way you laugh, the look on your face when you’re confused, the slight lisp you have when you say certain words… sure would you quit, he is just mad about you altogether.
15. Last but by no means least… The kiss on the forehead.
Arguably the most telling sign of all – the kiss on the forehead for absolutely no reason. If this hasn’t happened but you’ve engaged in a spot of eskimo kissing (nose rubbing – which I do not condone) then be prepared, it is just days away.
Now before you go off and write your name and his in a heart with a big arrow piercing through it… here’s that Tina Turner classic.