Blueberries are well known for being antioxidant rich and brain-boosting to boot.
Packed with Vitamin C, which can help provide a glowing complexion, blueberries are known for preventing blemishes and strengthens the skin cells.
Blueberries also contain anthocyanins, their blue hue attacks cancer-causing free radicals and can even block the growth of tumour cells.
As well as being low in fat, blueberries taste great and are a handy way of sneaking in one of your five-a-day.
The make a perfect addition to a bowl of boring breakfast porridge or consumed with some fat-free yoghurt for a tasty snack. However, if you’re feeling a little more adventurous you may want to try out this brain-boosting smoothie.
- 230mls of orange juice (ideally fresh pressed)
- 230mls of natural yoghurt
- 300g frozen frozen blueberries
- 150g frozen frozen raspberries or mixed with blackberries
- 1 large ripe banana
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth.
Or why not try yourself to the Blueberry Cup Muffins as featured in the 9 tasty treats that you can make in a cup.
It is as good as it looks, trust us. Recipe from Ivory Pomegranate.