Anyone get a Snickers Easter egg? Here’s what you should do with the bars.
Snickers are pretty good on their own, as far as chocolate bars are concerned, no? But what if we told you there are ways to make this naughty treat even better?
Chocolate lovers rejoice: Here are three ways you can actually bake with Snickers – just don’t blame us when your jeans don’t fit anymore!
1. Peanut Butter Snickers Brownie
This decadent too-good-for-words treat is basically like a Snickers-and-peanut-butter lasagna. You will not even believe such a thing exists until you try it. Warning: You will get addicted.
- -Peanut Butter Batter-
- 1 Stick Butter, melted
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ Cup Flour
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbs Vanilla Extract
- pinch of salt
- -Brownie Layer-
- 1 Stick of butter, melted
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ Cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- -Other Ingredients-
- 10 SNICKERS bars, cut into 3rds
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Spray a 9 by 13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter for the peanut butter batter in a microwave for 30 seconds. If its not melted, microwave it for another 30 seconds. When the butter is removed from the microwave and mix in the peanut butter, then the eggs and vanilla extract and stir until creamy. Then add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, and pinch of salt. Stir until all ingredients are mixed together and set the peanut butter batter aside.
- In another microwave safe bowl melt the butter for the brownies for 30 seconds, if it is not melted, microwave for another 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave, then add the cocoa powder and vanilla extract, stir, then add the sugar and stir until creamy, then add the eggs and stir, then add the flour, baking powder, and salt, stir until everything is combined.
- Cut Snickers bars into 3rds.
- Spoon peanut butter batter into the bottom of the prepared pan, then layer the Snickers bars, then spread brownie batter over the Snickers bars.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes (to an hour) and then cut into small pieces and enjoy!
Recipe via Sweetphi.com
2. Snickers Oreo Cheesecake
We’re sorry (not sorry) about the weight you will gain eating this. But it will actually be worth it!
- 20 Oreos
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 fun size snickers, chopped (about 1.5 cups total)
- ⅓ cup milk chocolate chips, optional
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Prepare a 8×8 baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil allowing the sides to overhang for easy removal.
2. In a food processor, pulse the oreos into a fine crumb. In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir the crushed cookies and butter together. Press into the bottom of the pan and bake for 9-10 minutes. Let cool.
3. Beat the cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla together until it has a smooth and creamy consistency.
4. Fold in the chopped snickers and spread over the crust. Top with chocolate chips and bake it doe 30-35 minutes or until cheesecake is set.
5. You have to cool completely in the refrigerator for 3 hours. The waiting is the hardest part. Once cooled, lift the foil out of the pan and cut into small squares. Enjoy!
Recipe via Therecipecritic.com
3. Snickers Chocolate Chips Cookies
Repeat after us: Need to go to the gym after these. But if ever a sweat session is worth it, this will be the one.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup sliced Snickers, (approximately 4 king size candy bars or one bag of mini size Snickers)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Place flour and baking soda together in a bowl and whisk to combine; set aside.
- Place 10 tablespoons butter in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until melted, about 2 minutes. Continue cooking and using the handle of pan to swirl the butter around in the skillet. Swirl butter constantly until it becomes a dark golden brown in color and gives off a nutty aroma, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and transfer browned butter to large heatproof bowl. Stir remaining 6 tablespoons of butter into hot butter until completely melted.
- Add both sugars, salt, and vanilla to brown butter mixture and whisk until fully incorporated. Add eggs and whisk until mixture is smooth with no sugar lumps remaining, about 30 seconds. Rest mixture for 3 minutes, then whisk for another 30 seconds. Repeat process of resting and whisking 2 more times until mixture is thick, smooth, and shiny. Using sturdy rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir in flour mixture until just combined, about 1 minute. Stir in chocolate chips giving dough final stir to ensure no flour pockets remain.
- Using a #24 cookie scoop (basically a small ice cream scoop) or using a spoon scoop out approximately two heaping tablespoons of dough and flatten it into a round disc and place a Snickers slice on top. Fold edges over Snickers to seal it in. (*Optional: For added richness press in chopped Snickers on top). Place cookies 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake cookies 1 sheet at a time until cookies are golden brown and still puffy, and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft, about 10 to 14 minutes. Transfer baking sheet to wire rack to cool cookies.
Recipe via Bakersroyale.com