The Duchess of York has been diagnosed with breast cancer.
Sarah Ferguson, aged 63, has already undergone surgery after a routine mammogram detected cancer.
According to reports, the mum left the hospital on Sunday. She is now spending time with her loved ones in Windsor. Her daughters Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice are spending time with their mum following her operation.
Her grandchildren are also with her as she recovers.
The Sun revealed she was treated at King Edward VII Hospital in London on Tuesday, June 20th.
She underwent a “major operation” and spent six days being treated at the London hospital, but a source stressed that the procedure was “successful”.
The 63-year-old’s prognosis is reportedly good because of early detection.
A friend of Fergie’s told the publication that it has been an incredibly tough time for her.
A spokesperson for the Duchess stated:
“Sarah, Duchess of York was recently diagnosed with an early form of breast cancer detected at a routine mammogram screening.
“She was advised she needed to undergo surgery which has taken place successfully.
They added, “Her doctors have told her that the prognosis is good.”
The Duchess also took the time to praise the medical staff who cared for her.
She expressed her “immense gratitude” to them following the successful operation.
The Duchess also thanked the staff involved in the mammogram which identified her illness.
The Duchess of York “believes her experience underlines the importance of regular screening”.
- Dublin 4 housing just six international protection applicants
- Love Island star Montana Brown gives birth to her first child
- Lewis Capaldi forced to end Glastonbury set early as crowd helps sing while he ‘struggles’
- One of the most talked about movies of recent years is finally available to stream at home
- 862,500 Freddo bars: Everything Ryan Tubridy could’ve bought with the extra money from RTÉ
- Another former islander has hinted that they’ll be heading on Love Island
- Molly Mae reveals the name she almost chose for her baby girl
- Ioan Gruffudd says his wife falsely accused him of child abuse