
Celebrity


Share
Published 13:26 27 Sept 2023 BST
Explore more on these topics:
The Home Secretary, whose speech was approved by Number 10, claimed that there needed to be a reform of the 1951 Human Rights Convention - which is the foundation of the asylum system. In response to her words, Elton and David released a statement via their AIDs foundation that slammed Suella for "dismissing the very real danger," that LGBTQ+ people around the world face. Their post read: "We are very concerned about the UK Home Secretary's comments stating how discrimination for being gay or a woman should not be reason enough to qualify for protection under international refugee laws. "Nearly a third of all nations class LGBTQ+ people as criminals and homosexuality is still punishable by death in 11 countries. "Dismissing the very real danger LGBTQ+ communities face risks further legitimising hate and violence against them. Leaders need to provide more compassion, support and acceptance for those seeking a safer future." The singer and his filmmaker husband were not the only ones to take aim at Suella as the LGBTQ+ charity Stonewall issued their own response stating that it was "incredibly concerning" to hear the Home Sectretary stand against the UN Convention. The latest figures available from the UK Home Office showed that only two per cent of asylum seekers included their sexual orientation as part of their claim.A joint statement from the Elton John AIDS Foundation, Elton John and David Furnish on today’s remarks from the UK Home Secretary. pic.twitter.com/HfWYyFic3n
— Elton John AIDS Foundation (@ejaf) September 26, 2023
Harry Styles tour ‘under review’ following backlash from fans
The Together, Together tour kicked off last week. Harry Styles launched his highly anticipated tour, Together, Together, in Amsterdam last week after the release of his new album, Kiss All the Time, Disco Occasionally. The As It Was singer will be performing a leg of residency-style concerts throughout 2026 across seven cities worldwide. This is […]
Celebrity
1 day ago
Vogue Williams opens up about I’m A Celeb ‘breakdown’ that was cut from the show
Vogue Williams said she found I’m A Celeb really hard Irish presenter Vogue Williams has opened up about her time on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here, with the mum-of-three admitting she found the experience hard. Vogue opened up about one moment that ITV chose not to air. She told Katherine Ryan on […]
Celebrity
3 days ago
Celebrity
Celebrity