TV chef James Martin has revealed the sad news that he has been diagnosed with cancer.
James has been a regular face on our screens for years, starring on the BBC’s Saturday Kitchen Live since 2006.
He also has presented a number of cooking shows over the years, most recently fronting Saturday Morning with James Martin on ITV which came to an end last month.
The 51-year-old has now revealed he is undergoing “regular treatment” for cancer.
The news comes following a recent audio leak from a 2018 production where he was also dealing with the illness, but has said it has returned several times since.
James underwent surgery in 2018 to treat the cancer on his face but it has now returned.
James has opened up about his struggles after it was reported that he showed “bullying” and “intimidating” behaviour on the set of his series James Martin’s Spanish Adventure.
The leaked audio revealed him having a poorly worded rant against a member of staff over a “blocked drained at his home”.
He swore a total of 42 times during the incident, which he now describes as “one of the most fraught and difficult periods of my life.”
He said: “I was then diagnosed with cancer on my face and I had to have surgery, which I couldn’t do until two days before Christmas when we had finished filming.
“Since then it has returned on several occasions and I have to have regular treatments.”
He added: “I have always strived to keep my private life private. However since details of a conversation, which was secretly recorded in January 2018, are now five years later being made public by a former member of our production team, I have decided to make a statement.