Spending a lazy afternoon drooling over the fine bone china, relaxing and having the chats with friends is always a good idea.
Yesterday, more than 100 people were treated to afternoon tea at the Connacht Gold Tea Party to celebrate the brand’s #LoveTheTaste campaign.
Hosted by Pippa O’Connor in House on Dublin’s Leeson Street, guests were treated to a selection of tea, cocktails and sweet treats.
Check out two of the gorgeous recipes from the night below. Happy baking!
Brown Butter Scones
- 70g cold Connacht Gold Softer Butter
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped out
- 250g flour
- 50g brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 120ml fresh cream, plus extra to brush
- Connacht Gold Low Fat butter for buttering
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Add the vanilla seeds and cook for 10 minutes until the butter begins to brown. Remove from the heat, pour into a bowl and chill for 30 minutes until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut the cold browned butter into cubes. Use your fingers to work it into the dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly.
- Whisk together the vanilla extract, egg and cream. Stir into the flour mixture until moistened.
- Knead the dough a few times in the bowl, then turn it out onto a lightly-floured work surface and pat down so it’s 2cm thick. Use a round cutter to cut out circles and place them onto the tray. Brush the tops with a bit of cream and bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Cut in half and smother with Connacht Gold Low Fat butter to serve.
Cocktails in Tea Cups
What’s not to love about cocktails in china tea cups? This will add a touch of class to any afternoon tea. Some like bubbly but we loved this cocktail served at Connacht Gold’s #lovethetaste tea party in cute china cups and saucers!
- 50 Absolute vanilla
- 15 Raspberry syrup
- 10 Sugar syrup
- 20 Whites
- 40 Pressed lemon
Serve in a tea cup and garnish with dehydrated orange and mint.