An exciting opportunity has come up for an experienced digital journalist to work across the Her and HerFamily brands.
Greencastle Media Group is Ireland’s largest digital media house and the home of JOE, SportsJOE, Her, HerFamily, Lovin Dublin and Lovin.ie. With a collective Irish social following of over 3 million and an overall monthly readership of 5 million, we reach every social media user nationwide more than once per week.
Since 2012, Her has been Ireland’s female-focussed online hub, delivering the latest in trends, entertainment, fashion, beauty and switched-on social commentary. Sister brand HerFamily is a lifestyle site for Irish parents, offering supportive, non-judgemental insights, ideas for family fun and travel, as well as news and entertainment with a family-focus.
The successful candidate will work across both brands. They’ll be part of a team of talented journalists, creating viral-worthy content for Her and HerFamily’s websites and social media channels.
What you’ll be doing
- Writing compelling, share-worthy content for Her and HerFamily
- Creating social content for both
- Researching and writing features, interviews and listicles
- Attending events and launches on behalf of the brands
- Getting involved with our video series, either behind or in front of the camera
- Monitoring Crowdtangle, competitor sites and wider media for trending stories and social media trends
- Working within agreed KPIs to help grow site traffic and social reach
You should apply if…
- You have a background in journalism and experience in an editorial role
- You’re a social native with a flair for what works on each platform
- You’re knowledgeable about Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok
- You’re comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline and KPI driven environment
- You have excellent writing, grammar and punctuation skills
We’ll love you if…
- You have a clear passion for digital and social media
- You have a keen eye for what’s trending
- You have an interest in current affairs, entertainment and celebrity
- You’re a sound, team player with a can-do attitude
We’d like you to have…
- A relevant media qualification (but relevant experience is even better)
- A working knowledge of Google Analytics, social reach tools and SEO
- Experience with WordPress and Canva
- Strong presentation skills
- A knowledge of both Her brands
Where and when you’ll work
- We’re in our hybrid era, with 3 days at our (gorge) Dublin 8 office
- Some weekend and evening shifts will be required