
Celebrity


Share
Published 11:50 9 Jan 2024 GMT
Add us as a preferred source on Google »Meghan Markle was noticeably absent when her former co-stars Gina Torres, Patrick J. Adams, Sarah Rafferty and Gabriel Macht took to the stage to present an award.
When actress Gina Torres was asked about Meghan's lack of attendance by Variety, she had a rather blunt response.
“We don’t have her number,” the actress said, before adding, "We just don’t, so she’ll see. She’ll watch."
Yet the rest of the cast seems to be getting on well as Gina confirmed they have been in contact adding: "When it all came through, we were all texting each other. Yes, our text thread is insane right now. So it’s very exciting."
It wasn't just the cast that were left hanging by the 42-year-old as a Golden Globes insider confirmed to PageSix that Meghan was sent an invite but opted not to attend.
"We asked the duchess, but we were told that, unfortunately, she had a previous commitment," they explained.
If she did attend, the mum of two may not have enjoyed the show as the presenter for the night, Jo Koy made a rather harsh dig at the duchess and her husband, Prince Harry.
"Turns out Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will still get paid millions of dollars for doing absolutely nothing - and that’s just by Netflix," he quipped as cameras zoomed in on the streamer’s CEO Ted Sarandos.
Yet his jokes didn't end there as when Jo did a bot about the hit Netflix show 'The Crown,' he managed to sneak in another rough dig.
"How great was Imelda Staunton in 'The Crown,' wasn’t she amazing?" he said adding, "The portrayal of the queen was so good Prince Harry called her and asked her for money."
That's such a nasty burn no doubt it'll leave a mark.
Explore more on these topics:
Gina Torres says the #Suits group chat is "insane right now," but she doesn't have Meghan Markle's number. #GoldenGlobes https://t.co/bTYJ1neAOi pic.twitter.com/SNLoOcHCvd
— Variety (@Variety) January 7, 2024

Harry Styles tour ‘under review’ following backlash from fans
The Together, Together tour kicked off last week. Harry Styles launched his highly anticipated tour, Together, Together, in Amsterdam last week after the release of his new album, Kiss All the Time, Disco Occasionally. The As It Was singer will be performing a leg of residency-style concerts throughout 2026 across seven cities worldwide. This is […]
Celebrity
1 day ago
Vogue Williams opens up about I’m A Celeb ‘breakdown’ that was cut from the show
Vogue Williams said she found I’m A Celeb really hard Irish presenter Vogue Williams has opened up about her time on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here, with the mum-of-three admitting she found the experience hard. Vogue opened up about one moment that ITV chose not to air. She told Katherine Ryan on […]
Celebrity
3 days ago
Celebrity
Celebrity