Celebrity


Share
Published 15:50 16 Dec 2024 GMT

Singer Max George has issued an update after he was admitted to hospital with heart problems.
The 36-year-old revealed to fans that he has "some issues with my heart" in a social media post last week.
However, the singer has shared further details about his condition and has confirmed he will likely need open heart surgery.
The singer told his fans that he has a 2:1 block in his heart. This is also known as an atrioventricular block, which blocks or delays electrical impulses from reaching your ventricles.
George confirmed he is due to have a scan in the coming days.
He told his followers on Instagram, "I hope you are having a good night, spoke to the nurse earlier and the good news is I get to have a scan earlier than I thought'.
"So that’s really really good, and it’s called a 2:1 block, that’s what we know at the moment, going to try and find out the cause before determining how we treat it, whether a pacemaker, defibrillator, or something else."
He added,"So that’s where here I am at, feeling OK tonight."
George said the news has been a huge shock for him and his loved ones. However, he's remaining hopeful and positive as his doctors determine the best plan for the singer.
He shared, "It’s gonna be a difficult few weeks / months… and Christmas in a hospital bed wasn’t exactly what I had planned! But, as always, I’m surrounded with love and support from my wonderful partner Maisie, her family, my family and friends.. and I’m 100% in the best place."
The singer said multiple tests need to be conducted before he has any kind of surgery.
He explained, "I'm going to have a little friend put in here at some point."
"I've got an issue with the bottom part of my heart, it's called a block.
"The tricky bit is what I have put in because until I have further tests we don't know what caused it," he added.
Vogue Williams opens up about I’m A Celeb ‘breakdown’ that was cut from the show
Vogue Williams said she found I’m A Celeb really hard Irish presenter Vogue Williams has opened up about her time on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here, with the mum-of-three admitting she found the experience hard. Vogue opened up about one moment that ITV chose not to air. She told Katherine Ryan on […]
Celebrity
2 days ago
Vernon Kay speaks out about his split from Tess Daly
Vernon Kay and Tess Daly have ended their marriage after 22 years Vernon Kay has spoken out after announcing the end of his marriage to TV presenter Tess Daly. The couple confirmed the heartbreaking news in a statement on Friday evening. In a joint statement, the pair announced the end of their 22-year marriage, but […]
Celebrity
1 week ago
Celebrity