
Celebrity


Share
Published 12:59 8 Oct 2023 BST
Add us as a preferred source on Google »Following an attempted kidnapping, presenter Holly Willoughby has no plans on returning to This Morning for the foreseeable future.
The mum has been under police watch after it was revealed that a man in his 30s was planning on kidnapping her.
36-year-old Gavin Plumb was reportedly planning on kidnapping and murdering the TV presenter. Police have arrested the suspect and he has been charged.
The presenter is understandably distraught following the incident and has been given time away from her role on the ITV show.
A source told The Mirror: "Holly has been left distraught by the news. This has been an absolutely horrible week for her.
"At the moment she really is getting through things hour by hour. Her absolute priority is her own safety and that of her family - who are supporting her through this incredibly difficult time."
The presenter has not made a decision about her career and is solely focusing on her and her family's safety at this time.
"There has been no discussion about when, or if, she will return to the This Morning sofa. No decisions have been made about that," the source said.
However, the source believes she may now question returning to the spotlight after the horrifying ordeal.
"But given the terrifying things she has learned this week, the question of returning to work could not be further from her mind."
The presenter was due to host This Morning on Thursday morning, but producers pulled her from the lineup after the kidnapping plot was discovered.
Police acted quickly and ensured the presenter had the right protection, but Willoughby is reportedly shaken following the news.
Police in Essex confirmed that Gavin Plumb is not known to the presenter. He appeared in court on Friday to face the charges of soliciting to commit murder, and incitement to commit kidnapping.
Explore more on these topics:

Harry Styles tour ‘under review’ following backlash from fans
The Together, Together tour kicked off last week. Harry Styles launched his highly anticipated tour, Together, Together, in Amsterdam last week after the release of his new album, Kiss All the Time, Disco Occasionally. The As It Was singer will be performing a leg of residency-style concerts throughout 2026 across seven cities worldwide. This is […]
Celebrity
1 day ago
Vogue Williams opens up about I’m A Celeb ‘breakdown’ that was cut from the show
Vogue Williams said she found I’m A Celeb really hard Irish presenter Vogue Williams has opened up about her time on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here, with the mum-of-three admitting she found the experience hard. Vogue opened up about one moment that ITV chose not to air. She told Katherine Ryan on […]
Celebrity
3 days ago
Celebrity
Celebrity