We didn’t see this coming.
Considering women still get paid less than men, we hear about the gender pay gap and sexism in Hollywood all the time.
Women in Hollywood get a pretty tough time of it, but it comes as a surprise that Scarlett Johansson has topped Forbes highest grossing actors of 2016.
2016 saw Scarlett star in Captain America: Civil War, Hail Caesar!, Sing and Jungle Book which sees her at the top of the lost for best paid actors of this year.
The list goes as follows:
1. Scarlett Johansson ($1.2 billion)
2. Chris Evans ($1.15 billion) and Robert Downey Jr. ($1.15 billion)
4. Margot Robbie ($1.1 billion)
5. Amy Adams ($1.04 billion)
6. Ben Affleck ($1.02 billion)
7. Henry Cavill ($870 million)
8. Ryan Reynolds ($820 million)
9. Felicity Jones ($805 million)
10. Will Smith ($775 million)
Speaking to Cosmopolitan, the 32-year-old actor said she’s proud of her accomplishments.
“I make a really good living, and I’m proud to be an actress who’s making as much as many of my male peers at this stage.”
When asked about the growing issue of gender equality in Hollywood, Scarlett said:
“Unless I’m addressing it as a larger problem, for me to talk about my own personal experience with it feels a little obnoxious. It’s part of a larger conversation about feminism in general.”