
Celebrity


Share
Published 14:56 27 Nov 2023 GMT
Updated 15:21 27 Nov 2023 GMT
Add us as a preferred source on Google »Broadcaster Angela Scanlon has broken her silence after being eliminated from Strictly Come Dancing.
The presenter was heartbroken after she missed out on a place in the quarter-final. Angela faced West End star Layton Williams in the dance-off on Sunday's night results show.
Viewers were devastated to see the Irish host kicked out of the show, with many claiming she deserved to stay in the competition.
Angela spoke out following the elimination on Instagram this afternoon.
Alongside a video of her and her professional dancer Carlos Gu, the host said it's been a wild ride.
"Over and out. What a wild ride it’s been, feels like it’s been cut a little short but maybe there’s a bigger plan.
"When I signed up to do Strictly I hoped I’d leave the show with an arse like Kim Kardashian & a few killer moves for family weddings.
"What I hadn’t anticipated (and maybe it’s still too early to really feel through the sobs) is how much growth there would really be (not just my glutes).
"To get out there every week in front of millions with no control, as a recovering perfectionist, was HARD. To pick up every week and go again was HARD.
She continued, "To receive feedback wasn’t always cute. To juggle and keep the show on the road while trying to nail a Paso Doble was HARD."
Angela said being paired with professional dancer Carlos Gu was one of the best parts of the experience. Not only did he teach her how to dance, but he also filled her with belief and faith and never failed to make her laugh.
"To stand under the lights with this man’s arm around me was easy. It feels somewhat premature & we had a lot more to give but to have met a soul that knows mine deeply, a heart that is as open, is an absolutely unexpected gift. I feel like the LUCKIEST Carlos Gu, you are my favourite."
Angela said she has so much more to say about her Strictly experience but she is going to take some time away to unwind after a hectic few months.
She may have been eliminated from the competition, but the presenter is still our champion.
Explore more on these topics:
They never would have saved Angela and Carlos. So sad to see them go. 🥺@angelascanlon, you’ve made Ireland proud ❤️ #Strictly
— Kathleen Maher (@SquidgeMundo) November 26, 2023
Thank you @angelascanlon and Carlos. You have fought so hard to stay in the competition. I’ve loved your dances and partnership. Sorry to see you go. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. #Strictly #StrictlyComeDancing pic.twitter.com/UA3YQTPxOI
— Sharon (@see75) November 26, 2023
Harry Styles tour ‘under review’ following backlash from fans
The Together, Together tour kicked off last week. Harry Styles launched his highly anticipated tour, Together, Together, in Amsterdam last week after the release of his new album, Kiss All the Time, Disco Occasionally. The As It Was singer will be performing a leg of residency-style concerts throughout 2026 across seven cities worldwide. This is […]
Celebrity
1 day ago
Vogue Williams opens up about I’m A Celeb ‘breakdown’ that was cut from the show
Vogue Williams said she found I’m A Celeb really hard Irish presenter Vogue Williams has opened up about her time on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here, with the mum-of-three admitting she found the experience hard. Vogue opened up about one moment that ITV chose not to air. She told Katherine Ryan on […]
Celebrity
3 days ago
Celebrity
Celebrity