Andre Braugher sadly passed away at the age of 61
Brooklyn Nine-Nine star Andre Braugher died from lung cancer, his publicist has confirmed.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Braugher died on December 11th after a ‘brief illness’.
Braugher’s untimely passing has broken the hearts of his fellow actors, who penned moving tributes following his death.
Samuel L. Jackson said he was “floored by this loss”.
“Andre Braugher was an extraordinary actor & an even more exemplary human being!” he wrote on Twitter.
“I really thought I’d see you again. My deepest condolences to Andre’s family, to Ami, to the boys, and to all his friends and loved ones. It was an honor to be in your orbit for a time, Sir. May you Rest in Peace, my friend,” Melissa Fumero added.
Terry Crews said it was an honour to work alongside Andre.
He said working and laughing alongside the actor for eight years is something he will never forget.
“I can’t believe you’re gone so soon. This hurts. You left us too soon,” he wrote.
In a 2014 interview with the New York Times, Braugher confirmed he stopped smoking and drinking many years ago.
Andre is survived by his wife, Ami Brabson, and their three sons.
- ‘It wasn’t right’ – Kelsey Parker has split up with her boyfriend
- Prince Harry’s life in California is ‘not permanent’
- ‘You went way too soon’ – Tributes pour in for Brooklyn Nine-Nine star Andre Braugher
- The real reason Molly-Mae doesn’t wear her engagement ring
- Jamie Lynn Spears reveals she regrets quitting I’m a Celeb