Did you watch these?
RTÉ has revealed the most watched TV shows on its station in 2017. The Late Late Toy Show was the highest-rated television programme of the year. It had an average audience of 1.35m.
Meanwhile, sporting programmes continue to dominate the most-watched list accounting for 11 of the top 20 programmes of the year. The next highest watched programmes, all airing on RTÉ2, were the All-Ireland Football final, featuring Dublin versus Mayo in September, the Euro qualifier play-off against Denmark, the All-Ireland Hurling final featuring Galway v Waterford, and the Wales v Ireland World Cup qualifier.
Also featuring in the top 20 list was the first elimination on Dancing with the Stars, along with two episodes of Mrs Brown’s Boys, one of which was the Christmas special unveiling the new Rory.
The Late Late Show Country Music Special in April was also a big hit with 690,000 viewers. And RTÉ One’s Sunday night favourite, Dermot Bannon’s Room to Improve continued to be popular, with the highest rating episode last year watched by 703,000 viewers.
During Storm Ophelia in October, Irish viewers turned to RTÉ News from the time the Status Red warning was given ahead of the Nine O’Clock News on Sunday, October 15 making it the sixth most-watched programme of the year with 846,000 viewers.
Large audiences continued to watch the extensive coverage from reporters across the country and live updates from Met Éireann throughout the next day with extended One O’Clock and Six One News programmes on October 16.
Here is the full list:
- The Late Late Toy Show
- The Sunday Game Live (All-Ireland Senior Football Final) – Dublin v Mayo
- European Qualifiers Plau-Off for FIFA World Cup (second leg) – Rep of Ireland v Denmark
- The Sunday Game Loe (All-Ireland Senior Hurling Final) – Galway v Waterford
- World Cup Qualifier 2018 – Wales v Rep of Ireland
- RTÉ News: Nine O’Clock
- RBS 6 Nations – Ireland v France
- RBS 6 Nations – Wales v Ireland
- RBS 6 Nations – Ireland v England
- Mrs Brown’s Boys CSI: Mammy
- Mrs Brown’s Boys: Mammy’s Mummy
- The Sunday Game Loe (All-Ireland Senior Football Semi-Final) – Kerry v Mayo
- RTÉ News: Six One
- Room To Improve
- RTÉ News: One O’Clock
- The Late Late Show
- Dancing with the Stars
- The Sunday Game Loe (All-Ireland Senior Football Semi-Final) – Dublin v Tyrone
- World Cup Qualifier 2018 – Rep of Ireland v Serbia
- RBS 6 Nations – Scotland v Ireland