
News


Share
Published 11:56 28 Nov 2024 GMT
Updated 13:01 28 Nov 2024 GMT

Gregg Wallace is stepping down as Masterchef host following allegations of historical misconduct.
The 60-year-old has been a co-presenter and judge on the popular BBC cooking show since 2005.
The show's production company, Banijay UK, has said he will be stepping away from the programme while complaints made to the BBC about historical allegations of misconduct are investigated.
The company said in a statement that the presenter is "committed to fully cooperating throughout the process," BBC News reports.
They continued: "This week the BBC received complaints from individuals in relation to historical allegations of misconduct while working with presenter Gregg Wallace on one of our shows.
"Whilst these complainants have not raised the allegations directly with our show producers or parent company Banijay UK, we feel that it is appropriate to conduct an immediate, external review to fully and impartially investigate."
The statement added: "While this review is underway, Gregg Wallace will be stepping away from his role on MasterChef and is committed to fully cooperating throughout the process.
"Banijay UK's duty of care to staff is always a priority and our expectations regarding behaviour are made clear to both cast and crew on all productions, with multiple ways of raising concerns, including anonymously, clearly promoted on set.
"Whilst these are historical allegations, incidences brought to our attention where these expectations are not met, are thoroughly investigated and addressed appropriately."
The statement added that anyone with any issues or concerns can raise them in confidence by contacting speakupbanijayuk.com.
This comes after a separate BBC review concluded he could continue working at the corporation following an investigation into an alleged incident in 2018 on the gameshow Impossible Celebrities.
Responding to reports about the investigation last month, Wallace denied saying "anything sexual" during his appearance on the show.
The 59-year-old has featured on various BBC shows during his career, including Saturday Kitchen, Eat Well For Less, Supermarket Secrets, Celebrity MasterChef, and MasterChef: The Professionals, and was a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing in 2014.
He was made an MBE for services to food and charity last year.
Explore more on these topics:
Vanessa Trump diagnosed with breast cancer
The Trump family showed their support Vanessa Trump, girlfriend of Tiger Woods and former daughter-in-law to Donald Trump, has revealed she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She made the announcement on Wednesday in a post shared to Instagram, revealing she’s already had a surgical procedure done. She wrote: “I want to share a personal […]
News
1h
‘I knew something was wrong’ – Charlotte Crosby opens up about her silent miscarriage
The former Geordie Shore star opened up about her silent miscarriage on This Morning. Warning: This article mentions miscarriage and baby loss Charlotte Crosby opened up about her silent miscarriage today on This Morning. The reality star and her fiancé Jake Ankers fell pregnant with their third baby at the beginning of this year, but […]
News
1 day ago
Here’s why Tyson Fury’s daughter Venezuela could legally marry at the age of 16
News