
News


Share
Published 17:07 29 Jun 2018 BST

Explore more on these topics:
The restriction means that people will be barred from using a hosepipe or similar implement for a number of purposes, including washing a domestic car or boat, watering a garden and filling a domestic swimming or paddling pool, except when using hand-held containers filled directly from a tap. Those found to be defying the ban could face a €125 fine.We recognise that the powers available to us to ban specific non-essential uses of water in the Water Services Acts will be needed, & will make & publicise a number of orders shortly which will designate activities which must be banned for a period while supply remains critical.
— Irish Water (@IrishWater) June 29, 2018
"We are really grateful for the measures that people have taken to conserve water so far and we hope that placing a Water Conservation Order will make people more mindful of their responsibilities and the impact their water usage is having on their neighbours and communities," said Kate Gannon of Irish water.Meanwhile, our neighbours in the north are also being encouraged to conserve water over the heatwave. A hosepipe ban will come into effect in Northern Ireland from 6pm this evening.
Of course, the dry weather can't last forever and it's been confirmed that we'll be getting some rain early next week. "There is some uncertainty but latest indications suggest rather more in the way of cloud, but some sunshine," Met Éireann has said. "Dry much of the time on Monday but increasing chance of some showery rain developing, however at this stage amounts look small."A hosepipe ban will be in place across Northern Ireland from 6 pm on Friday 29 June. More info and water saving tips: https://t.co/DFGjL6chQg pic.twitter.com/qDoP3VQpoc
— nidirect (@nidirect) June 29, 2018
Vanessa Trump diagnosed with breast cancer
The Trump family showed their support Vanessa Trump, girlfriend of Tiger Woods and former daughter-in-law to Donald Trump, has revealed she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She made the announcement on Wednesday in a post shared to Instagram, revealing she’s already had a surgical procedure done. She wrote: “I want to share a personal […]
News
3h
‘I knew something was wrong’ – Charlotte Crosby opens up about her silent miscarriage
The former Geordie Shore star opened up about her silent miscarriage on This Morning. Warning: This article mentions miscarriage and baby loss Charlotte Crosby opened up about her silent miscarriage today on This Morning. The reality star and her fiancé Jake Ankers fell pregnant with their third baby at the beginning of this year, but […]
News
1 day ago
Here’s why Tyson Fury’s daughter Venezuela could legally marry at the age of 16
News