
News


Share
Published 07:29 31 Aug 2021 BST
Updated 07:33 31 Aug 2021 BST

Explore more on these topics:
A spokesperson for the Health Information and Quality Authority (Hiqa) said yesterday that they had been approached by the National Public Health Emergency Team (Nphet) to look into the evidence on the minimum age for face coverings.
According to The Irish Independent, a spokesperson said Hiqa's review will "provide advice on whether the current minimum age should be reduced."
They added: "We will shortly publish a protocol outlining what information will be considered. We anticipate publishing this advice in September."
Hiqa said in March that the age should be unchanged while the Department of Education said that they have always been guided by public health advice.
The advice currently remains the same, with the Department following suit.
Children will now be returning to indoor activities as restrictions lift and Chief Medical Officer Tony Holohan has urged those participating to be cautious.
He said these "have proven to be settings where outbreaks and transmission in children have occurred in the past" and that being cautious in these situations "will help to prevent further transmission and potential outbreaks."
He added: "Considerable preparations have been made to reopen schools safely.
"Our data clearly shows that, to date, the school environment was not a major source of disease transmission.
"In order to go back to school as safely as possible, my advice to children is to wash your hands or use hand sanitiser regularly and follow the protocols operating in your school."Vanessa Trump diagnosed with breast cancer
The Trump family showed their support Vanessa Trump, girlfriend of Tiger Woods and former daughter-in-law to Donald Trump, has revealed she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She made the announcement on Wednesday in a post shared to Instagram, revealing she’s already had a surgical procedure done. She wrote: “I want to share a personal […]
News
3h
‘I knew something was wrong’ – Charlotte Crosby opens up about her silent miscarriage
The former Geordie Shore star opened up about her silent miscarriage on This Morning. Warning: This article mentions miscarriage and baby loss Charlotte Crosby opened up about her silent miscarriage today on This Morning. The reality star and her fiancé Jake Ankers fell pregnant with their third baby at the beginning of this year, but […]
News
1 day ago
Here’s why Tyson Fury’s daughter Venezuela could legally marry at the age of 16
News