A 35 year old Israeli man was rushed to hospital last week after a slithering snake bit him on the penis while he was relieving himself.
The man, who was visiting his parents in the town of Nofit at the time, went to the bathroom when suddenly he felt a burning sensation in his penis.
He “ran from the room in horror” and went to Haifa’s Rambam Medical Center for treatment.
“This is the first time I’ve seen a snake bite like this,” said the paramedic. “Luckily, all tests seem fine and the man is feeling well.”
According to the paramedics, Israeli man said that the snake was small.
Snake in toilet via YourJewishNews
“There will undoubtedly be bite marks on the area in question,” the hospital said.
Most of the 40 or so snakes that are indigenous to Israel are not poisonous and thankfully this snake was one of them.
“The man is currently under observation pending additional test results and as soon as we get the results, he will be able to go home.”