Celebrity


Share
Published 09:48 17 Nov 2023 GMT

Ten people died and hundreds of others were injured at the concert in Houston, Texas, after the crowd surged towards the stage.
Now, Travis has spoken about the devastating incident in an interview with GQ for their Men of the Year Issue, published on Wednesday.
The rapper hasn't commented on the night that claimed lives since he released his initial statement back in 2021.
"Making music, you think about things that go on in life and things that happen in your life, and you dial in on things," he said.
"That moment for families, for the city, you know, it was devastating. And when it came to making, like even finishing the album…I got back into it probably like, I don’t know, months and months and months after.
"And the idea of just even getting back into music, working on music and just even getting into that, was therapeutic of being able to channel some of the energy into production and sounds and finishing it.
"I mean I was just overly devastated, you know. Yeah... Yeah, I always think about it. Those fans were like my family. You know, I love my fans to the utmost," Travis explained.
Thousands were injured at the concert on November 5th 2021 when panic broke out as the over-capacity crowd pressed towards the front of the stage during the 32-year-old's headline set.
Ten people, ranging in age from nine to 27, were killed by compressive asphyxiation.
Some audience members accused Travis and fellow rapper Drake of continuing to perform despite accounts of "lifeless bodies being passed through the crowd in full view of the stage".
Houston's fire chief stated that Scott should have halted the show much earlier. The father of two previously claimed he was not aware of the severity of the crush until he left the stage.
Explore more on these topics:


Vogue Williams opens up about I’m A Celeb ‘breakdown’ that was cut from the show
Vogue Williams said she found I’m A Celeb really hard Irish presenter Vogue Williams has opened up about her time on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here, with the mum-of-three admitting she found the experience hard. Vogue opened up about one moment that ITV chose not to air. She told Katherine Ryan on […]
Celebrity
2 days ago
Vernon Kay speaks out about his split from Tess Daly
Vernon Kay and Tess Daly have ended their marriage after 22 years Vernon Kay has spoken out after announcing the end of his marriage to TV presenter Tess Daly. The couple confirmed the heartbreaking news in a statement on Friday evening. In a joint statement, the pair announced the end of their 22-year marriage, but […]
Celebrity
1 week ago
Celebrity