
Celebrity


Share
Published 11:29 9 Aug 2024 BST
Add us as a preferred source on Google »Terror plot suspects reportedly planned to kill as many people as possible at Taylor Swift's Vienna shows.
A 19-year-old suspect was planning to "kill himself and a large crowd at the concert either today or tomorrow", according to Omar Haijawi-Pirchner, the head of the Directorate of State Security and Intelligence.
The teenager reportedly planned to carry out the heinous attack by using knives and explosives.
He had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group.
Two other teenagers believed to be 17 and 18, were also arrested in connection with the terror plot on Wednesday.
A fourth male was also arrested on Thursday, August 8th.
The suspects were planning on driving a car through the crowd of fans gathered outside the stadium in Vienna.
Minister Gerhard Karner said a "tragedy was averted".
Around 195,000 fans were due to attend Taylor Swift's Eras Tour in Vienna this week.
Many fans had flown from Ireland to see the singer perform her sold-out shows at the Ernst Happel Stadium.
Taylor Nation issued a statement and confirmed the shows would no longer go ahead.
The statement read: "Taylor Swift | The Eras Tour Vienna Shows Cancelled Due to Government Officials Confirmation of Planned Terrorist Attack.
"With confirmation from government officials of a planned terrorist attack at Ernst Happel Stadium, we have no choice but to cancel the three scheduled shows for everyone’s safety. All tickets will be automatically refunded within the next 10 business days."
Taylor Swift is reportedly 'shaken' following the terror plot, but has not spoken publically since the news broke.
Explore more on these topics:
Harry Styles tour ‘under review’ following backlash from fans
The Together, Together tour kicked off last week. Harry Styles launched his highly anticipated tour, Together, Together, in Amsterdam last week after the release of his new album, Kiss All the Time, Disco Occasionally. The As It Was singer will be performing a leg of residency-style concerts throughout 2026 across seven cities worldwide. This is […]
Celebrity
1 day ago
Vogue Williams opens up about I’m A Celeb ‘breakdown’ that was cut from the show
Vogue Williams said she found I’m A Celeb really hard Irish presenter Vogue Williams has opened up about her time on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here, with the mum-of-three admitting she found the experience hard. Vogue opened up about one moment that ITV chose not to air. She told Katherine Ryan on […]
Celebrity
3 days ago
Celebrity
Celebrity