Celebrity


Share
Published 13:14 6 Dec 2023 GMT

The Duke of Sussex has claimed that he was treated "unjustifiably" and "less favourably than others," when his police protection was withdrawn.
The shocking statement was heard in a UK court as Harry has been taking legal action against the Home Office over a decision in February 2020 that meant he would no longer be given the "same degree" of personal protective security when visiting.
Prince Harry told a senior civil servant that it should not be relevant if he was working for the royal family or even if he was in Britain, as he and Meghan still faced a potential threat.
Lawyers for the father of two told the court he should have been entitled to taxpayer-funded police protection because he remained in the line of succession to the throne, and was "a prince of the realm".
Barrister Shaheed Fatima said it was the first time such a decision had been taken without analysis by the Risk Management Board, and claimed Harry was effectively "singled out".
She said Harry's position is "that he should be given state security in light of the threats/risks he faces," arguing he has "unjustifiably, being treated less favourably than others" in written submissions, which have been heavily redacted.
The barrister explained that Harry is asking the court to be treated in the way Ravec "has treated other people", she said, arguing that Ravec had chosen "not to follow its own written policy".
The prince is not attending the hearing at the High Court, where much of the case will be heard in private over the next three days, with a decision expected at a later date.
Explore more on these topics:


Vogue Williams opens up about I’m A Celeb ‘breakdown’ that was cut from the show
Vogue Williams said she found I’m A Celeb really hard Irish presenter Vogue Williams has opened up about her time on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here, with the mum-of-three admitting she found the experience hard. Vogue opened up about one moment that ITV chose not to air. She told Katherine Ryan on […]
Celebrity
2 days ago
Vernon Kay speaks out about his split from Tess Daly
Vernon Kay and Tess Daly have ended their marriage after 22 years Vernon Kay has spoken out after announcing the end of his marriage to TV presenter Tess Daly. The couple confirmed the heartbreaking news in a statement on Friday evening. In a joint statement, the pair announced the end of their 22-year marriage, but […]
Celebrity
1 week ago
Celebrity