The couple did not attend the coronation together
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have allegedly been “snubbed” from King Charles’ birthday celebrations, according to new reports.
A source has revealed to The Daily Mail that the couple has not been asked by the Royal Family to attend the Trooping of the Colour ceremony on Saturday.
According to the report, this is the first time Harry has not been invited to one of Charles’ official birthday celebrations.
“I’m afraid it’s a reflection of the state of relations at the moment,” the source said.
This comes after the Duke of Sussex attended Charles’ coronation in London last month. Meghan opted to stay at home in California with their two children Archie and Lilibet.
The Royal Family has also been accused of snubbing Princess Lilibet’s second birthday.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s daughter celebrated her second birthday on June 4th, but the royals failed to acknowledge the celebration publicly.
The royal social channels often feature birthday greetings for family members, however, none of them paid tribute to Lilibet this year.
The Prince and Princess of Wales and King Charles previously acknowledged her first birthday on Twitter, but have been radio silent this time around.
Prince Harry and Meghan marked their daughter’s first birthday with a celebration at Frogmore Cottage last summer.
The parents reportedly celebrated her birthday at their home in California with a string of celebrity guests in attendance.
Royal commentator Jennie Bond told OK! that Lilibet’s birthday was “an all-American affair”.
“This year it will no doubt be in an all-American affair at their Montecito mansion in the Californian sunshine.
“I would also expect to see a sprinkling of celebrities and a laid-back party, which hopefully will include some other toddlers,” Jennie added.