We always think it’s cute when a man goes to extreme lengths to surprise his girlfriend, but we have to say, this guy may have just taken things a little bit TOO far…
The Irish Daily Mail reports that a man who thought it would be hilarious to play what he thought was a harmless prank on his girlfriend nearly lost his life after his plan went horribly, horribly wrong.
Hu Seng decided to surprise his girlfriend by posting her an unusual present. What was the present you ask? Well it was himself. Packed into a sealed cardboard box.
Mr Seng, who is from southern China, curled up inside the box and asked his friend to tape him getting inside. A courier firm was supposed to deliver the package to his girlfriend at her place of work.
Unfortunately for Hu, the courier firm made a serious mix-up and instead of being sealed in the box for 30minutes, Hu was delivered to the wrong location and ended up being trapped inside the box for almost three hours.
The box had only a tiny amount of air inside and the cardboard was way too thick for Hu to make a hole in it.
Eventually, the package found its way to the right location and Hu’s girlfriend opened the box only to find her boyfriend passed out and in need of desperate medical attention.
“I didn’t realise it would take so long,” said Hu.
“I tried to make a hole in the cardboard but it was too thick and I didn’t want to spoil the surprise by shouting,” he added.
We bet his girlfriend was definitely surprised (and shocked/terrified/worried sick) when she had to witness paramedics trying to revive her boxed-up boyfriend.
“If he’d told us what he was doing at the start we would not have taken the parcel,” said a spokesman for the courier firm.
“Even when we accept animals they have to go in special containers so they can breathe,” the spokesman added.
What do you think ladies? Weirdly romantic or just plain stupid?