
News


Share
Published 11:13 24 Oct 2025 BST
Updated 11:19 24 Oct 2025 BST
Strictly co-hosts Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly announced they were leaving the show yesterday, after allegedly having agreed to quit nearly a year ago.
The pair left fans of the beloved show gobsmacked when they posted a video statement to both their Instagrams saying that they're leaving Strictly after 12 years of hosting.
It is also understood that Claudia and Tess filmed the video weeks ago and decided to release it mid-series in hopes to not overshadow the eventual winner.
Their last show will be on Christmas Day.
A source said: "Claudia and Tess have known they were leaving Strictly since last year. They felt like it was their time to go.
"They discussed this privately and agreed they would walk away together, but kept it firmly under wraps.
They continued: "It’s incredible they’ve managed to keep it a secret for so long. Only the top brass at the BBC knew, along with their immediate family.
"Strictly has been an incredible journey for them both and they have loved every second."
Apparently bosses and talent plan meetings every November to discuss the following year's show, and it is understood this is when Tess and Claudia announced their decision to leave.
It has also been alleged that the pair's decision to leave may have been prompted by rumours that the show's boss Sarah James was due to leave.
Sarah stayed despite bullying allegations against pro dancer Giovanni Pernice. It is believed she did not want to leave the show before it was back on its feet.
Ms James has yet to announce whether or not she will stay for next season.
Explore more on these topics:
BBC bosses were left blindsided by their departure, with only a few people in the TV industry made aware of their intentions, per The Sun.
"Claudia and Tess then told the BBC they would be signing a one-year deal and then calling it quits," as reported by The Sun.
Additionally, Claudia's successful solo gig on The Traitors and its celebrity version was also a factor in play, per The Sun.
Vanessa Trump diagnosed with breast cancer
The Trump family showed their support Vanessa Trump, girlfriend of Tiger Woods and former daughter-in-law to Donald Trump, has revealed she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She made the announcement on Wednesday in a post shared to Instagram, revealing she’s already had a surgical procedure done. She wrote: “I want to share a personal […]
News
3h
‘I knew something was wrong’ – Charlotte Crosby opens up about her silent miscarriage
The former Geordie Shore star opened up about her silent miscarriage on This Morning. Warning: This article mentions miscarriage and baby loss Charlotte Crosby opened up about her silent miscarriage today on This Morning. The reality star and her fiancé Jake Ankers fell pregnant with their third baby at the beginning of this year, but […]
News
1 day ago
Here’s why Tyson Fury’s daughter Venezuela could legally marry at the age of 16
News