
News


Share
Published 11:42 9 Oct 2025 BST
A man struck by a lorry yesterday afternoon was pronounced dead at the scene in Newry, Co Down.
A graphic image of the incident circulating online has caused considerable distress to the family, prompting police to warn the public not to share the image further.
Upon receiving the reports, officers and emergency services rushed to the scene, but unfortunately, the man was pronounced deceased upon their arrival.
PSNI authorities have requested that people stop circulating the distressing photograph immediately out of respect to family members and friends who have been left devastated by the tragedy.
The PSNI has also said that anyone found to be sharing the graphic image online may be committing the offence of improper use of a public electronic communications network.
In addition, they encourage anyone who has information about the source of the image to immediately contact the authorities.
Inspector Cherith Adair of the Police Service of Northern Ireland’s Collision Investigation Unit said: "Shortly after 3.30 pm, we received a report of a male pedestrian having been struck by a lorry in the Albert Basin area of the city.
"Our officers attended alongside emergency service partners, however, the man was sadly pronounced deceased at the scene.
"The area, which was closed for a period of time as we conducted a forensic examination, has now reopened.
"Our enquiries are continuing, and we would appeal to anyone who witnessed the collision, or who may have digital footage which could assist with our investigation, to contact the Collision Investigation Unit on 101, quoting reference number 901 08/10/25."
Explore more on these topics:
The Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) received reports that a male pedestrian had been harmed in a single-vehicle road traffic collision in Albert Basin shortly after 3.30 pm on Wednesday, 8 October, per The Irish Mirror.
Vanessa Trump diagnosed with breast cancer
The Trump family showed their support Vanessa Trump, girlfriend of Tiger Woods and former daughter-in-law to Donald Trump, has revealed she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She made the announcement on Wednesday in a post shared to Instagram, revealing she’s already had a surgical procedure done. She wrote: “I want to share a personal […]
News
3h
Vanessa Trump diagnosed with breast cancer
The Trump family showed their support Vanessa Trump, girlfriend of Tiger Woods and former daughter-in-law to Donald Trump, has revealed she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She made the announcement on Wednesday in a post shared to Instagram, revealing she’s already had a surgical procedure done. She wrote: “I want to share a personal […]
News
4h
News
Symptoms of kyphosis as mum says condition means she can’t play with her son
News