
News


Share
Published 16:58 28 Oct 2025 GMT
Updated 17:04 28 Oct 2025 GMT

An English tourist who was left in a coma after being allegedly kicked in the head in Dublin has died.
It's been reported that the victim died over the weekend.
The man, who was in his early 40s, was rushed to hospital following the alleged assault in the early hours of August 21.
He was taken to Beaumont Hospital where he was placed into an induced coma in a critical condition.
He was later transferred back to England where he received medical treatment for his injuries.
A Garda spokesperson told the Irish Independent that the man passed away in the UK.
They said: "The man (40s) injured following a serious assault in Temple Bar on the 21st of August 2025 passed away in the UK on Saturday the 25th October 2025.
"As this matter is now before the courts, this office will not be providing further information."
Explore more on these topics:

2025 was the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre’s busiest year on record
The DRCC delivered 7,270 therapy appointments last year The Dublin Rape Crisis Centre (DRCC) had its busiest year on record in 2025, with demand for support reaching unprecedented levels. According to the DRCC, the rise of deepfake images and other forms of online sexual violence and harassment has emphasised a need for legal and social […]
News
1 day ago
Here’s when the weather in Ireland is set to reach up to 20C again
If you’re looking for some extra information, we’ve broken down the weather forecast province by province. Ireland is set for a very welcome change in the weather over the next few days. After weeks of dull, damp and cold spells, temperatures in Ireland look like they will start to rise towards the end of this […]
News
1 day ago
News
Gen Z don’t want to take your phone calls – and they have a pretty good reason why
News