Maximum Media is the umbrella brand behind Irish sites JOE.ie, Her.ie, SportsJOE.ie and HerFamily.ie (and one of the best places to work EVER).
From the inception of JOE.ie in 2010 to the addition of Her.ie in 2012, SportsJOE.ie in 2014 and HerFamily.ie in 2015, Maximum Media has established its position as the provider of the Ireland’s leading lifestyle websites.
It has grown significantly since its humble beginnings in 2010. Today we have a powerhouse media group with four very distinct audiences. In 2015, Maximum Media expanded into the UK market with the launch of JOE.co.uk.
Why don’t you come join our expanding team? We are now looking for an Accounts Assistant.
Please note that part-time, flexible hours will also be considered for this role.
Responsibilities include, assisting financial controller with:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Bank reconciliations
- VAT returns
- Monthly accounts preparation
- Ad hoc project work and tasks as required; and
- Providing cover for front desk reception area from time to time and perform various admin tasks.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Part-qualified ACA/ACCA/CPA/CIMA an advantage, but not essential.
- Experience in a previous AP/Accounts Assistant role also an advantage
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office packages, particularly Excel
- Experience with Sage accounts and Sage payroll an advantage but not essential
- An understanding of double-entry bookkeeping and a general understanding of VAT and corporation tax is an advantage but not essential
- Quick learner and a willingness to assume responsibility, ownership and accountability
- Strong IT Skills
The candidate should also have the following characteristics:
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Organised and efficient
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Strong logical and clear thinking individual.
- Ability to follow through
- Ability to deal with internal staff and external contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Innovative thinking
- Excellent attention to detail
Salary will depend on experience and working hours. This role will report to the financial controller.
Please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]. The closing date for applications is 6pm on Thursday August 13th.