This will surely earn me a Pulitzer Prize.
Imagine, just imagine if Twitter was around at the time of Jesus’ crucifixion. Let’s not fool ourselves, the memes would’ve been so dank, we would all be at serious risk of over-exposure to such hot takes even to this very day.
The banter would be off the charts. The usual categories of tweeters would be rampant, trying to get that highly coveted sweet sweet nectar of a retweet from a celebrity, or failing that, a member of JLS. It would truly be a spectacle to behold.
Here’s how I imagine The Stations Of The Cross would’ve played out if it was somehow televised and live tweeting was around at the time.
1. Jesus Is Condemned To Death
2. Jesus Carries His Cross
3. Jesus Falls The First Time
4. Jesus Meets His Mother
5. Simon Helps Jesus Carry The Cross
6. Veronica Wipes The Face Of Jesus
7. Jesus Falls The Second Time
8. Jesus Meets The Women Of Jerusalem
9. Jesus Falls The Third Time
10. Jesus Is Stripped Of His Garments
11. Jesus Is Nailed To The Cross
12. Jesus Dies On The Cross
13. Jesus Is Taken Down From The Cross
14. Jesus Is Laid In The Tomb