It’s Mother’s Day and with that we thought we would bring the best bits about what it is to be an Irish Mammy, not just any Mammy. Irish mothers are pretty unique as the list below definitely proves.
Easons asked their Facebook fans to vote on their favourite Irish Mammyisms in an online poll. These were the results out of 252 votes. We had to add in one though… “Don’t be using the good scissors for that!!!”
Top 10 Irish Mammyisms.
1. If you fall off that wall and break your legs, don’t come running to me! (56 votes)
2. Do you think I’m made of money? (39 votes)
3. Close the door! Were you born in a barn? (32 votes)
4. What part on ‘no’ don’t you understand? (31 votes)
5. How do you know you don’t like it if you haven’t tasted it? (31 votes)
6. A little birdy told me. (25 votes)
7. If I’ve told you once, I’ve told you a thousand times. (20 votes)
8. Do you think this is a hotel? (12 votes)
9. Stop running down those stairs! (4 votes)
10. Are your hands broken? Pick it up yourself! I’m not your maid. (2 votes)
Thanks to Easons for sending this one on!