The sun might have disappeared, but how about bringing some Mexican heat to your day?
We’ve got another great Tried & Tested: Cook with Avonmore recipe for you, this evening we’re making Zesty Chicken Fajitas.
- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Small pinch of ground cumin
- 1 lime
- Olive Oil
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 tub of Avonmore Sour Cream
- 200g pouch of Avonmore Grated Red Cheddar
- Halve and deseed your pepper and cut it into thin strips. Peel, halve and finely slice your onion, then slice your chicken lengthways s into long strips roughly the same size as your pepper strips.
- Put the peppers, onion and chicken into a bowl with the paprika and cumin. Squeeze over the juice of ½ a lime, drizzle over a good drop of olive oil, season with some salt and pepper, mix well. Put it to one side to marinade for approximately 5 minutes.
- Use a pair of tongs to put all the pieces of pepper, onion and chicken into a preheated hot pan to cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until the chicken is golden and cooked through. As the pan will be really hot, keep turning the pieces of chicken and vegetables so they don’t burn – just chargrilling slightly for a lovely flavour.
- Warm your tortillas in the microwave or in a warm dry pan. Divide your warmed tortillas between your serving plates. At the table carefully help yourselves to the chicken and vegetables straight from the hot pan. Serve with salsa, a dollop of Avonmore Sour Cream and a sprinkling of Avonmore Grated Cheese.