New movie ‘This Is 40’ hits Irish cinemas this week and in the sort-of sequel to ‘Knocked Up’ Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann’s characters are confronting the realities that come with life in your forties. Before you get there, we’ve compiled a list of forty things your really should do, before life begins again at the big Four-O.
1. Learn how to play an instrument. Even if it’s just ‘Phoebe from Friends’ style.
2. Skydive – a cliché, but once you’ve done it you’ll understand why so many recommend it.
3. Go camping. And not glamping – proper camping.
4. Learn a language because you love it, not just so you can scrape past the Leaving Cert paper in it.
5. Run (or walk) a marathon (or half-marathon).
6. Volunteer your time for a worthwhile charity.
7. Keep a diary for at least one year.
8. Dye your hair some ridiculous colour.
10. Visit at least one foreign country on your lonesome.
This Is 40 is in Irish cinemas from February 14th