This summer’s Love Island winners have been crowned!
The ITV dating series has officially come to an end this evening as the public voted for its favourite couple.
Jess Harding and Sammy Root were chosen tonight as the victors of the 2023 summer season after two months in the famous Mallorca villa.
This evening’s battle to win came down to four couples, all hoping to nab the £50,000 prize.
The final public vote saw Mitch and Ella B sent packing. That left the long-standing favourites Whitney and Lochan awaiting the news alongside Ella and Tyrique, Jess and Sammy and Molly and Zach.
The couple were shocked to hear their names called and threw their arms around each other in celebration.
They beat Whitney Adebayo and Lochan Nowacki in the final two, while Tyrique Hyde and Ella Thomas were left in third and Molly Marsh and Zachariah Noble came in fourth place.
This summer’s winners join a lengthy list of the show’s past favourites – Kem and Amber, Nathan and Cara, Amber and Greg and last summer’s Ekin-Su and Davide – to be crowned the king and queen of Love Island.
More to follow.
- Bob Geldof received text messages ‘of despair’ from Sinéad O’Connor prior to her passing
- Woman praise for painting ‘tiger stripes’ on daughter’s Barbie in bid to normalise stretch marks
- ‘You’re exactly what I’ve been looking for’ – Islanders profess their love as series comes to a close
- ‘I will miss my friend forever’ – Lady Gaga pens emotional tribute to Tony Bennett following his death
- Lily Allen slams ‘spineless’ tributes to Sinéad O’Connor