It’s true, Liam Neeson is becoming the ultimate action man and we can’t think of anyone who rivals him in the world film in terms of ruggedness.
To honour his quick thinking, tough talking, hard punching ways here are ten reasons Liam Neeson is the man to call in an emergency.
- If you’re ever kidnapped he will find them and he will kill them. Although we would never ever wish to be taken by evil people and trafficked, we would wish that if it did happen Neeson would be the person looking for us. Also we can’t wait for Taken 2!
- His survival skills are second to none, that is if his role in The Grey is anything to go by. Not only does he know how to make a good fire in minus degree temperatures but he also knows how to fight off a pack of wolves… well sort of.
- Whenever his family or the people he loves are under threat there is nobody more strong and passionate than Neeson. In Rob Roy he did all sorts, including sword-swinging and horse-riding, to protect those closest to him.
- In the 1996 film Michael Collins Neeson proves that he doesn’t just fight for individual people but he also fights for whole countries. You never know when that might come in handy.
- In what is one of the greatest films of all time Neeson plays the man who tries to protect his Jewish workforce against the Nazis. Schindler’s List is an absolute classic and sees Neeson at his best.
- We knew he could handle guns, swords and knives but we had no idea he could work a lightsaber as well. Until of course we saw him in Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. Seriously this man’s fighting abilities are out of this world.
- He’s the guy that trains Batman in Batman Begins for goodness sake! Not only is he a martial arts expert and immortal but it turns out he is the real Ra’s al Ghul (sorry if that was a spoiler). I mean how much more could you ask for?
- Just like Hannibal in The A-Team we do love it when a plan comes together. And with Neeson on our side we can’t think of any plan that wouldn’t come together. Also he’s kind of hot too, in an older man sort of way.
- Just when we thought prison was the only place we couldn’t escape from, we watch The Next Three Days and that’s right Neeson shows us the light. Now we’re not saying we’re going to commit a crime but say we did, we know who we’d want to share a cell with!
- We know Battleship stars Rihanna but it also stars the man of the moment as Admiral Shane. Okay so it’s not the most adventurous or heroic name in the world but we reckon it works just because it’s Neeson.
So the next time you are stuck in the wilderness with wolves or have been arrested for a crime you didn’t commit you’ll know exactly who to call.