It’s been a month since Katie Holmes filed for divorce and for the past four weeks, the entire world has been waiting for Tom Cruise to break his silence. Well, it’s finally happened…
The Irish Independent reports that Tom Cruise has spoken up and told journalists that he is “good” following the split.
The actor has maintained his silence, but over the weekend, Tom was happy to answer reporters and photographers when they asked him how he was doing, as he left the Taverna Tony restaurant in Malibu.
Tom had been having dinner with a friend simply said he was “good” and didn’t respond when he was asked what he was planning to do next. Instead, he kept smiling and made his way to his car quickly.
TomKat: in happier times.
Meanwhile, Katie Holmes and the couple’s daughter Suri were all smiles as they visited the Bronx Zoo this weekend.
While Tom has no problem being papped out and about, according to reports, Katie has cancelled her first public appearance post-break-up.
Katie was due to walk the red carpet at an event for the Dizzy Feet Foundation last Saturday, but apparently she called off her appearance due to security concerns.
“Katie was really excited about attending the event, but in the end, her security team had concerns about the situation, especially the daytime event given it was being held in a public park,” said a source, speaking to the website Celebuzz.
There were also reports over the weekend that Tom is currently sussing out the property market in New York as he is hoping to up sticks and move to Katie’s neighbourhood so he can be closer to his daughter.