He said she “changed her story”
Conor McGregor has responded to the video showing the MMA fighter allegedly leading the woman who accused him of sexual assault into the toilets at the NBA finals last week.
Conor is being accused of forcing a woman “into oral sex,” but his team say the allegations are just “a shakedown” after the woman “changed her story”.
The woman said McGregor forced her to perform oral sex in the VIP bathroom at the Kaseya Center in Miami last week before spitting on her. She also said he spat on himself.
The woman’s lawyer told the DailyMail that she went to the police on Sunday following the incident but was turned away and told to hire a legal team.
On Thursday, the woman returned to the police station with her attorney and clothes she was wearing from the night in question.
She said the clothes would have Conor’s DNA on them and would back up her story.
The video that was shown on TMZ shows McGregor walking through a crowd before stopping and saying something to a woman then taking her hand and leading her into a VIP bathroom.
His legal team said Conor “will not be intimidated”
In a statement released to media, legal counsel representing Conor McGregor has denied a sexual assault allegation that has been made against the UFC star.
As first reported by TMZ, in the United States, a woman claimed McGregor had sexually assaulted her during Game 4 of the NBA Finals in Miami, earlier this month.
This was the same game that featured McGregor punching Miami Heat mascot ‘Burnie’ as part of a half-time skit.
The mascot had to be taken to hospital, as a precaution, after taking two knocks from McGregor.
A statement from the Miami Police Department reads: “At this time all we can confirm is that MPD’s Special Victims Unit is investigating a report that was filed Sunday, June 11, 2023.
“This is an open investigation so no additional information can be released at this time.”
Amid these allegations, and resulting stories and claims, legal counsel for Conor McGregor released a statement to the media via Kessler PR Group.
Lawyer Barbara R Llanes stated: “Mr McGregor will not be intimidated. The allegations are false.”