They have been making more than a few headlines in recent weeks but it appears that Mary-Kate Olsen and Olivier Sarkozy are determined to make their relationship work.
In the Her.ie office we reckon each to their own no matter how strange the coupling seems or how large the age difference.
In fact here are some other famous relationships that have proved that age is but a number when it comes to love.
1. Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones – There is twenty-five years between the Hollywood legend and Welsh beauty but that clearly doesn’t make a spot of difference. They have been married for twelve years now and have two children together.
2. Calista Flockhart and Harrison Ford – Aah, when Indi met Ally! The Indiana Jones star has been with Calista Flockart, star of Ally McBeal, since 2002. Despite a twenty-two year age gap, the two look like love-struck teenagers.
3. David Schwimmer and Zoe Buckman – We had no idea there was such a big age gap between these two lovebirds. It doesn’t seem to matter though as the couple celebrated becoming parents for the first time last year.
4. Stacy Keibler and George Clooney– To be honest we were a little upset when we found out George Clooney was off the market but when we saw how happy he and Stacy, who is eighteen years his junior, were we quickly got over it.
5. Rod Stewart and Penny Lancaster – It’s obvious Penny Lancaster thinks Rod Stewart is sexy and still wants his body despite a twenty-six year age gap. We just hope that, in return, he has told her lately that he loves her.
If these couples are anything to go by, Mary-Kate and Olivier might just have a chance despite their remarkable age, and height, difference.