We use them for talking but more importantly we use them for kissing! Our lips are a very important part of our body and are often what people, men and women, focus on during communication.
Therefore the last things you want are dry or dull lips. Follow our top tips for luscious lips and see if it makes a difference to your soon-to-be perfect pout.
- The most common cause of chapped lips is dehydration. And the most effective solution is making sure your drink lots of water. You should aim, in general, to drink two litres of water a day. You’d be surprised at what a difference this will make not just on your lips but your skin and hair as well. First stop after you finish this article: the water machine.
- Apply lip balm before you leave the house and before you go to bed. You should also apply it during the day to ensure your lips are hydrated and moisturized on a regular basis. We would advise you to wear lip balm under lipsticks too as they do tend to dry lips out. It will also help your lipstick to stay on for longer.
- Just like your skin, you need to exfoliate your lips at least once a week. The best way to do this is to get a soft toothbrush or face cloth and gently massage your lips. This will help to remove any dead or dry skin cells. Apply lip balm afterwards to leave your lips feeling and looking fabulous.
- Be careful with what products you apply to your lips. Some of them, depending on their ingredients, will actually dry out your lips. If you are applying lip balm regularly and still have dry lips, we would suggest looking for another product. And remember that one lip balm will not suit everyone but that’s why you and your lips are unique.
- Whatever you do to help hydrate your lips, do not lick them. This habit usually results in dry and chapped lips which as we all know is not very attractive. If you do lick your lips by accident, make sure you apply lip balm immediately to stop them from drying out. Whatever you do, don’t lick this off too!
While your eyes are the gateway to the soul, your lips are the gateway to the smile. Just make sure they look as fabulous as your pearly whites.